What is outlook error 0x80040116?
More than hundred counties are linked into exchanges of data through outlook .But sometimes when you are trying to send or receive message from outlook you might have received error message that is error 0x80040116 on your windows screen and you are unable to send or receive emails. Let me introduce to this error 0x80040116.
Outlook error 0x80040116 is very common error message that prevent you from sending and receiving emails and also create trouble for proper functioning of MS Outlook. Outlook data file corruption causes improper Outlook functioning and results in occurring errors. Outlook error 0x80040116 creates similar problem in any of the MS Outlook versions. So, it is very much necessary to fix outlook error 0x80040116.
What makes Outlook error 0x80040116 to occur?
This error occurs due to damaged PST files because PST file is used by the Ms Outlook to handle the request of the users, due to the large size PST file, and many viruses will infect and damage the Outlook PST files or make them inaccessible, abrupt shut down of the system may lead this error to occur, while sending or receiving any emails it may happens that the connection between server and outlook applications gets terminated, due to software and hardware reasons or it may be also related with different account settings versions of Ms Outlook like Outlook 2000, Outlook 2007, Outlook vista, Outlook 2010 etc that you are using, if a power failure happens when you are accessing the PST files, that may leave your PST files damaged, sometimes it happens that some parts of the original PST file are lost permanently or it may be overwritten by garbage data.
What are the symptoms?
- When you try to open Ms Outlook you might have received this error message on your windows screen:- Outlook.pst cannot be accessed – 0x80040116.
- This error prevents you from sending or receiving emails
- When you are trying to view Outlook PST files settings.
- When you try to open MS Outlook, error 0x80040116 doesn’t allow you to open the file that to be opened or loaded.
How to fix Outlook error 0x80040116 immediately?
- First of all always keep scanning antivirus to prevent your system from file damage.
- Keep updating your Outlook versions.
- To resolve this error you can also use inbox repair tool that is scanpst.exe it may also help you to remove error.
- Always try to start Outlook in a safe mode.
- Power failure is also one more reason to occur this error. You can also minimize the Outlook PST file corruption by using UPS, it can minimize the power failure problems and use reliable hardware devices this can prevent you from data corruption.
If this manual steps is not very much helpful to you then you can also use third party repair tool to resolve this error and recover Outlook PST files.